Tunze Stream pumps are some of the quietest pumps for the price. We have used these pumps in multiple tanks builds and have never been disappointed. They are not necessarily the cheapest AC powered pumps on the market, however, they are very quiet, can be pointed in any direction, and have one of the industry’s best warranty and customer service through Tunze USA.
German-made Tunze powerheads are the best high flow powerheads available. They are smaller and can be hidden in the aquarium easier than competing brands. Tunze pumps can be configured in a wide range of positions to target any area of the tank.
- For aquariums from 105 to 265 gallons
- Flow rate: 2,100 GPH
- Energy consumption: 14 W
- Voltage: 110V AC
- Cable length: 78.7”
- Diameter: 3.5”
- Output diameter 1.96”
- Included magnet holder for glass up to .74”
Tunze pumps are excellent high flow powerheads for a number of reasons
- They are the smallest pumps available and easy to hide.
- They rotate to a wide range of angles for targeted flow.
- They consume less power.
- Available accessories such as the Tunze Rock and Controllers make them even more user-friendly.
- Excellent warranty and customer service.
High flow is very important to maintaining a thriving healthy aquarium. Aquariums with poor flow can experience a number of easily avoidable health issue. Using high flow powerheads in your aquarium will:
- Significantly decrease the risk of algae outbreaks.
- Keep waste and particles suspended longer so skimmers and filters have a better chance of removing them.
- Prevent toxic pockets from forming in hard to reach areas.
- Keep debris from collecting on corals.
- Keep food suspended longer so you can add less food.
- Increase the chances of long-term healthy tank success.